AP Reading and English Review Material
Unless otherwise noted, all of the review sessions will take place at 7:00 p.m. in Room 14. Each will cover practice for the Reading and English portions of the ACT test and last for 60-90 minutes. The notes below are the specific elements we’ll review for English each week.
Please be sure to be on time.
Resources are available on this page if you’d like to review the notes, but you cannot attend.
- March 10, 2020: Diagnostic Quiz and Reading Test Overview
- March 12, 2020: Semicolons and Colons
- March 17, 2020: Modifier Errors
- March 19, 2020: Commas, Commas, Commas
- April 7, 2020: Apostrophes and Agreement
- April 9, 2020: Dashes, Hyphens, Colons, Parallelism
- April 12, 2020 (3:00 p.m.): Final Review and Writing
- April 14, 2020: ACT (At School)
All the writing notes you’ll need for the timed write final next week are available here.
Our final is on Wednesday, January 22.
The details of the extra credit piece about Jonathan Swift and recipe bloggers are available here. If you’d like to submit the piece, get it to me by Friday, January 17, 2020.
Essays: revisions of your Into the Wild and Coddling essays are due on Friday. Remember to attach previous drafts and bold changes.
For Wednesday, make sure to to read “Marshland Elegy.” For Thursday, read “Polemic: Industrial Tourism.” For both, make sure to read carefully, looking for rhetorical and literary devices as well as the arguments the authors present.
We’re almost at break!