Updated 3/17 (Changes in Red), Updated 3/18 (Changes in Green)
I thought I would give you a quick overview of how we’re going to approach our time in online school. While the situation is likely to change over the next few days and weeks, my general approach will be to do a blend of activities that include regular class time and activities that you can work on independently.
Initial Class (Thursday During Regularly Scheduled Times)
On Thursday, I’d like to try to have a short video meeting with each of my classes at our regularly scheduled time. We will use ZOOM to facilitate that first meeting, though we may move to another platform if that proves too difficult to use. So please login to your school account before our next scheduled class time, and I will invite you to a Teams meeting for a short chat during that class session.
What You’ll Need
- Please login at Clever. We may not spend an enormous amount of time there, but it will let you access all the materials with one password.
- Please make sure you can sign in to your district e-mail. That will give you access to Teams and the class material we’ll use.
- We are going to use Google Classroom to manage assignments. I’ve sent the login codes via Remind, but let me know if you need to get access.
- Sign up for Remind. I will use it to keep you notified of class updates.
- Please try to sign in to Google Classroom Page every day during the M-F school week. Make it a habit to check in as often as you can.
- Please let me know if you don’t have online access as soon as you can. Other than the live sessions, I am going to try to minimize the amount of time you’ll need to spend online, but let me know if you don’t have access to a Chromebook or reliable Internet.
- If you are going to be away from the class because you are ill or a family member is sick, please let me know. Succeeding in an online environment depends on communication.
- We’re all going to have to be flexible and understanding while we work through this. It’s going to be great as long as we are.
We will probably adopt a different model than the other classes and focus most of your work on independent work. Let’s meet Thursday (online) to see if there is a plan we can use to get the presentations done. Otherwise, we’ll rely on virtual interaction to get the two papers done. I suspect the College Board will have some updated guidance soon.
My plan for the moment is to continue holding class as usual as often as possible during our regularly scheduled hours. We’ll meet online to do so. Those of you who cannot meet online will have things like discussion questions to complete online. For now, we’ll stick with finishing the Vietnam packet (try to have the Kerry piece done by Friday) and our typical writing schedule.
Honors English 2
Some of this will depend on what Carroll decides to do with Miss Dolan. I will have an update for you soon. Please plan to meet for a ZOOM chat during your regularly scheduled class times on Thursday.
It will be difficult to debate outside of class, but I will have some ideas for us on Monday. Let’s meet for a ZOOM CHAT on Thursday during our regularly scheduled class time to work it out. For now, we may switch over to philosophy and get back to debate when we can.
This may be a challenging few weeks, but I am sure we can make it work. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out and let me know.