The mode of exposition for semester two of English II is synthesis writing, which emphasizes the use of outside sources to enhance argumentative or informative writing.
- STAMPY introduction
- Overview of the five-paragraph synthesis essay
- 8 sentence paragraph structure
- MLA Citation Guide (Useful)
- EasyBib Google Docs add-on
- Incorporating Quotations/Citation
Between the World and Me Essay
- Thesis and Topic Sentence Cheat Sheet
- There are huge racial disparities in how US police use force
- How Structural Racism is Linked to Higher Rates of Police Violence
- Police Aren’t Targeting and Killing Black Men
- There’s overwhelming evidence that the criminal-justice system is racist. Here’s the proof.
- Why Are So Many Black Americans Killed By Police?
- No racial bias in police shootings, study by Harvard professor shows
- Black Cops are Just as Likely As White Cops to Bill Black Suspects
- Hard Data, Hollow Protests
Confederate Monument Essay
- Prompt And A Pack of Sources
- Information on Naysayers
- Additional Sources (These need to be cited and included on Works Cited page)
Death Penalty Essay
- Thesis and Topic Sentence Worksheet
- Paragraph Worksheets