https://i1.wp.com/www.quixoticpedagogue.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/greece.jpg?fit=985%2C657 657 985 dpogreba http://www.quixoticpedagogue.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/qplogoinvertedcolors.png dpogreba2018-12-17 08:22:312018-12-19 10:38:12AP Lang Essay 8: Is College Worth It?
Your next synthesis essay is about the value of college. The prompt and source materials are available here on pages 2-8.
The essay is due on Sunday, December 30 via Google Docs.
- Your response should be at least 900 words and demonstrate a clear understanding of the thesis and topic sentence structure we have worked on all year.
- You should have a STAMPY introduction that is no more than 6 sentences, including the thesis.
- You need to use at least 4 kernels of text from the source material and at least a total of 6 citations (quotes and paraphrases).
- You must use at least four of the sources in your essay, and may not use any additional outside research.
- You need to include at least one naysayer.
- Your essay must have a conclusion that does not merely restate the essay. Advance the intro, tie off the story, develop it into something of interest.
- Your essay must show evidence of careful proofreading and attention to detail.
In particular, pay attention to:
- well-developed paragraph structure (with sub-topics when possible).
- use of evidence to support your arguments, not make them.
- clear thesis statements and topic sentences that show transitions.
- evaluating the best evidence available to you.
- making sure that the essay makes a clear argument.