https://i2.wp.com/www.quixoticpedagogue.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/writingguidecover-e1481648754607.jpg?fit=1400%2C533 533 1400 dpogreba http://www.quixoticpedagogue.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/quixbluelogo.png dpogreba2017-11-26 06:48:212017-11-26 06:48:21AP Language Writing and Revision Policy Reminder
- All revisions are at Mr. Pogreba’s discretion. He may decide that you cannot revise a paper because you:
- did not proofread your paper carefully.
- did not make substantial revisions of the paper between drafts.
- fell significantly short of the requirements of the assignment.
- violated the sacrosanct ten rules of paper writing.
- failed to incorporate class discussion/notes about the paper.
- All revisions will include previous drafts.
The Ten Rules of Paper Writing
The most important principle to keep in mind is that the paper I receive from you should not be a first, rough draft. It should reflect careful attention and editing.
- You will not submit a paper in the incorrect format. It will be double-spaced, in 10-point or 12-point font. This includes following the naming conventions for your file.
- The paper will meet the minimum requirements for words and/or paragraphs.
- You will attach all previous drafts when submitting revisions.
- You will include a header that provides your name, period number, the revision number, and the date the paper was submitted.
- Your paper should have at least an attempt at a clear thesis statement that previews the argument of the paper.
- You will not include filler phrases like “I believe”, “I think”, or “I will prove…”
- Your paper will demonstrate careful proofreading and editing.
- Your paper will not include the word “you” unless extraordinary circumstances arise.
- Your paper should reflect all of the suggestions offered by the teacher in previous drafts. If you don’t understand something, it’s your obligation to ask.
- The paper will include a works cited page and appropriate in-text citation, if required.
- You will have a 30-minute grace period before a paper is considered late.
- A late paper can be still be submitted, but you will not be able to revise it for a higher grade, nor will you receive feedback other than a score.
- Late papers can be submitted until the end of the quarter with no penalty. Once a paper is late, it must be submitted in a print format, handed to Mr. Pogreba in class.
Media in War Time Draft 3
04 October 2017